Prof. Josep Maria Mascaró
Affiliation: Hospital Clínic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Medical School: Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona (1955)
1 Dermatology: University of Barcelona (1957) - University of Paris (1961)
2 Pathology: University of Barcelona (1959)
I. University: 1. Associate Professor (Maitre dès Sciences Medicales) of Dermatology. University of Paris (1963-67); 2. Assistant Professor of Dermatology. University of Barcelona (1968-70); 3. Associate Professor of Dermatology. Faculty of Medicine - University of Barcelona (1971-72); 4. Professor and Chairman of Dermatology. University of Valencia (1972-77); 5. Vice Dean. Faculty of Medicine of Valencia (1975-76). Professor and Chairman of Dermatology. Faculty of Medicine - University of Barcelona (1978-2002).
II Research: Member of the National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM) (Paris) (1962-69).
III Hospital: 1. Chief consultant of Cutaneous tumors (Hospital St. Louis) (1961-67); 2. Head of the Histopathology Laboratory (Department of Dermatology, Hospital St. Louis, Paris) (1961-67); 3. Head of Services of Dermatology. University Hospital of Barcelona (1967-72) and Valencia (1972-77). Chairman of the Department of Dermatology. Hospital Clinic of Barcelona (1978-1997).
Professor Emeritus of Dermatology. Faculty of Medicine. University of Barcelona
DIRECTORSHIPS IN SOCIETIES
1. Member of the Board of the Spanish Society of Pathology; 2. Vice President of the Spanish Society of Dermatology (1970-1973); 3. President of the Spanish Society of Dermatology (1977-1982); 4. Honorary President of the Spanish Society of Dermatology (since 1982); 5. Member of the Board of Directors of the International League of Dermatological Societies (since 1982); 6. Former Vice President of the Society of French speaking Dermatologists; 7. Secretary-General of the International League of Dermatological Societies (1992-1997). 8. President of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (1998-2000). 9. Member of the Board of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (since 1998).
1. Member of the National Societies of Dermatology of Spain, France, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Italy, Venezuela, USA (AAD).
2. Honorary Member of the British, German, Jugoslavian, Irish, Mexican and Argentinian and Polish Societies of Dermatology and American and Japanese Dermatological Associations.
3. Other Societies: (Chronologic order) International Society of Tropical Dermatology, French Speaking Society of Dermatology, French Speaking Society of Leprology, Colegio Ibero Latino Americano, European Society for Dermatological Research, French Society of History of Medicine. Sociedad Bolivariana of Dermatology (Central and South America). International Academy of Pathology. Society for Cutaneous Ultrastructures Research. American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology, American Dermatological Association.
4. Member of the Royal Academy of Medicine (Barcelona 1998).
1. Former editor of Medicina Cutanea I.L.A.
2. Former editor of Actas Dermo-Sifilograficas (1977-1982)
3. Editor of the Spanish edition of the "Archives of Dermatology"
4. Present or former Member of the Editorial Board of "Archives of Dermatology", "Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology", "International Journal of Dermatology", "Seminars in Dermatology", "Annales de Dermatologie et Vénéréologie", "Dermatology", "The Journal of Dermatological Treatment", "European Journal of Dermatology", "Dermatologia Clinica e Sperimentale" "Archivos Argentinos de Dermatologia".
5. Organising President of the VI Meeting of the Society of Cutaneous Ultrastructure Research and other National and International Meetings.
6. Organising President of the International Meetings of Clinical Dermatology (Barcelona, 1978, 1980, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2002)
7. Honorary President of the XII Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (Barcelona 2003).
More than 400 papers.
MAIN FIELDS OF INTEREST
Porphyrias. Dermatopathology. Melanoma. Cutaneous Tumors. Psoriasis. Lasers